Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Addictions


If I am doing anything like driving, washing dishes, folding laundry, etc, I  usually have my headphones on listening to talk instead of music.  I love absorbing smart stuff.


I am not the kind of Christian who only listens to Christian stuff.  In fact, I enjoy many secular podcasts.  Exploring culture in this way opens my eyes to new ideas and helps me sharpen my own Biblical world-view.  It prepares me better to converse with others who don't share my views.  Anyway, here are my faves.

This is a great podcast covering a wide variety of topics that usually deal with science.  I have binged on this for weeks at a time.  Waiting for the next episode is always agony.
This is a great podcast for learning to analyze things or think like an economist.  It sounds boring but I always find it fun and insightful.


Fascinating stories on a ccmmon topic.  There is a reason This American Life is #1 on the charts every week

My sister, Andrea, turned me on to Snap Judgement.  Now I can't turn it off.

Completely engrossing and always featuring the very best storytellers in the world. 

This guy is the absolute master of storytelling.  My favorite episode, "The Johnstown Flood of 1889"  So brilliant!

 Sort of like The Moth.




No comments:

Post a Comment